Saturday, October 08, 2011

Humble Beginnings

I've started.  Baby steps, but I've started my yoyo quilt.


It's funny, I started with some quilting cotton, and while very pretty, just wasn't quite what I wanted.  And just to prove that after a glass of wine I can be a bit slow on the uptake, the thought process went a little like this....

Hmmm, I need some different fabric.... we're saving for a new house, I've promised myself I won't buy anything more for the house until we have, well, a house.... I've always really wanted a kimono fabric quilt.... I do have a cupboard full of kimono fabric upstairs....

And so it has begun.  My kimono quilt.  Red, with pops of aqua.  

Wish me luck!

10 comments:

Karin said...

That is going to be awesomely yummy. Mmmmmmm......... :-)

Yes, we are saving for our deposit too. It really cuts into the craft side of things! Especially my historic costuming. I've been thinking about making a patchwork 1860's civil war gown to reflect my fabric buying poverty. I'm sure that would work wouldn't it? Or maybe a yoyo gown..........hmmmm......

Julie said...

Godd luck with your kimono quilt. I absolutely love everything about Japan. I love looking at all the things on your website, everything is so beautiful :) My mum is currently making me a quilt with Japanese silks in it, I can't wait for it to be finished!

SomedaysSarah said...

Pretty pretty pretty! Your quit is going to be gorgeous!

Max said...

i'm really excited about your project, it going to be magnificent!
i'm planning to make a mini yo-yo quilt for a dolls bed, just waiting for a supersmall yo-yo maker to arrive... x

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

It is going to be breathtaking! Love the kimono fabric.

Isabella said...

Thi will be wonderful... Kimono fabric is so versatile. You did the right thing!

Anonymous said...

Totally yummy! Red with aqua is one of my favorite color combos. Yesterday's mosaic was gorgeous, too. Delish and thank you for the inspiration. I've never made a yo-yo.

Red Hen (dette) said...

That's funny - I love the thought process. I look forward to seeing the progress on this one. A yo-yo quilt has been on my wish list too...I have a window box seat full of vintage and retro fabrics taking up storage space maybe I should make use of them.

Sandrine said...

Yesss!:)Can't wait to see it coming along it will be beauuuuutiful Mel, I should join you to finish mine :) xx

Jenny said...

Good luck! It will be beautiful-a lovely colour combination and I am sure you have lots of lovely fabric to choose from. Hope you and yours are well:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails