Tuesday, August 30, 2011

With This Ring...

I've recently started taking a weekly silversmithing course.  I love that it's very skills based, leading up to personal projects near the end of term.

Today, I finished my first ever ring.  Just a simple band, but I love knowing that it started out as a flat piece of silver.  That I bent it, soldered it, hammered it, filed it, polished it and now it looks like a real ring.  It's round, there are no signs of any joins, and it's super shiny.  I might spot sandblast a pattern into it, but for now, I just love it the way it is.  


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet that is a fun class. The ring looks awesome!

SomedaysSarah said...

Simple and gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous photo... please please teach me to take a photo half this good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails