Monday, April 25, 2011

In the Moment

I love resin pouring days, all the little pieces lined up waiting to be filled with liquid light.

I love how when I pour I have to be so in the moment.  The measurements have to be precise, the pouring perfect.  There is a do-not-disturb policy in our house while I'm working with the resin.


I think it's a bit like when I used to work in my darkroom.  Everything had to be exact, I was on my own, I couldn't be interrupted and I'd wait for that magic of an image appearing on the paper.

There is something wonderful that happens when you're in the moment.  Life seems quieter and lighter somehow.

6 comments:

K and S said...

such a beautiful post! so true!

Unknown said...

cute ... and very pretty! See you at Twilight :)

mybeardedpigeon@gmail.com said...

its so nice to know that you are going to be in the moment when you do that before you do it.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Very Buddhist :-)

Naturally Carol said...

It is interesting that we can enjoy something much more by just 'being there'!

Tracey said...

Oh so lovely ... those kitty faces look super sweet.
:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails