Thursday, April 14, 2011

Getting out the Hook

Don't you just love the rush of a new project?

This poor lonely hook is one that I bought about 2 years ago and has sat neglected for almost as long.  I enjoyed my short-lived foray into crocheting whilst I was pregnant, making a few baby hats that alas, were never to fit our not-so-little little one.  Pregnancy induced carpal tunnel soon made my fingers numb and the hook was packed away.


But now, it's out again!  New wool has been purchased and a long-filed away, but never forgotten inspiration has been pulled out.  It's time to try to crochet again!


This lovely lady has been kind enough to offer to help me along.  The poor dear, I'm not sure she knows what she's gotten herself into.  I'm quite dyslexic when reading patterns and following instructions...  

Fingers crossed I'll have some small results to show you next week.

6 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

I haven't crocheted since last winter..'cos it's too hot here in summer for all that wool. Now I can't remember whether I follow American or English instructions..is a dc a tc somewhere else? It confuses me now I've probably confused you!

Cluey said...

Would love to know what that flower pattern is and how to get it...? Looks gorgeous and I'm having ideas for a crocheted floral scarfe! :)

Laura Wilson said...

Hi Mel,
I'm looking forward to seeing what you create! I love the rug you've featured - is that from a book? I remember seeing a similar pattern in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine a couple of years ago. I thought at the time how much I'd love to make it!

Red Hen (dette) said...

Because you are a visual artistic person you might find patterns that are drawn with symbols easiermto follow than the written ones- I know I do. I love that floral rug.

SomedaysSarah said...

You're becoming a hooker! (tee hee! sorry, I couldn't resist!). Lovely project, good luck!

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I love that rug, have you got a link for that?? I have been playing around with Tunisian Crochet....such fun with hooks! I saw your recent comment on FB about tattoos, beware they are JUST as addictive as crochet!!

PS How did you do your FB logo? I want to put a knitted one on my blog :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails