Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pendant Packaging Process

I certainly am having a great week! My Geisha under Glass pendant sold really quickly, while I slept in fact. Now that's a great way to start the day!

As I was packing it to go in the post I realised that I hadn't done any swing tags for my jewellery and that my current swing tags for my bags are too big.

The pendants are all packed in a sweet little tin and the pendant nestled in kimono silk. The customer has a choice of coloured, black or red silk. They did also have a choice of a clear or kimono covered top.


I played around for a while. During the process I discovered that I have somehow misplaced all of my woven labels that I would have liked to have incorporated. I continued to obsess and came up with a swing tag I liked, only to realise that attaching things to a round tin is not so easy. It looks pretty cute (sorry, I didn't take a photo of it before I sent it), but I still wasn't totally happy.

Now, this is what I've come up with. All of the lids will be covered in kimono fabric and my name included. For the short term, I will have to use these labels I've printed onto fabric through my computer, but once I get more woven labels, will use them. The woven ones have Kimono Reincarnate written in red on a black background - much more striking. Or... even better, if Gocco can print finely enough, I'll print my name in black onto recycled red kimono silk. In my business, I'm trying to use recycled materials as much as possible.




And this folks is why I never seem to get anything done. I had this afternoon off and rather than list some things in the store, do some washing, clean the kitchen and answer some emails, I've created one tin, one tin only.

17 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

But what a lovely tin it is. A work of art in itself.

Rachael Hutchings said...

Well said bigcat. Love the finished product!

Jenny said...

I agree! What a beautiful tin!

muralimanohar said...

Wow...so it's like three presents in one?? The GORGEOUS pendant, the scrap of silk, and the beautiful little tin?? :D

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful tin! Now that is what I call value adding.

edward and lilly said...

Yeah the tin is awesome, it was worth the time!

Michelle said...

This is really great packaging! It's so nice to receive something purchased all wrapped up in an extra special way :)

Staci said...

I love your packaging.

I love my little fabric wrapped in even MORE fabric then tied with a reusable ribbon that is so cute!!
I could go on but I'll save it for my blog post this weekend.
:)

Hila said...

That is so beautiful Melanie, I love it!

Congrats on your first treasury :)

Sasparilla Sue said...

It may only be one tin but I think it looks really good. I also like the idea of the black ink on the red fabric.

Anastasia said...

the packaging looks great!! wonderful about the sales...i hope to open my etsy this week...scary but exciting too as Ive wanted to for so long now...

Kim -today's creative blog said...

you always have the best eye candy.

Bec said...

Oooh, your packaging is divine! Even thought it's such a small thing, it makes such a difference to me when I receive something that is beautifully packaged. Your attention to such details is truly brilliant, and I think you spent you afternoon wisely ;)

Jacinta said...

Such beautiful work Melanie. The pendants are gorgeous. And the packaging? The perfect finishing touch. Lovely.

Marisa said...

Wow, these turned out so very pretty. Love the colors you're using, so bold and lovely.

Lilli boo said...

Ditto to all comments above..Nothing this gorgeous can be a waste of time..I'd buy this just for the tin, except I love your pendants too!

Andriques said...

Hi Melanie, I saw your blog via your ETSY shop after looking at Hedda's Treasury. I am an Aussie-in-Japan in Saitama (soon moving to Gumna). Your kimono goods look great! Gambatte!
Cheers
Andrea

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails