Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What To Do When Your Workroom Is Such A Mess You Can't Work In There.....

If you thought the correct response to that was to tidy up said workroom, you were wrong. That's just silly! You take over another part of the apartment of course!

I went into jewellery making mode yesterday. I'm trying to find the best method to get the effect I want while still being do-able without too much set up and mess. Nowadays, something that I can set up and leave somewhere at least for a few days is perfect.

I've been playing with combinations of silver, fabric, paper, transfers, glass, resin, metal, solder, glaze, bamboo.. I think that's all. Tomorrow there will be a bit of clay involved as well.

I'll post some results once I know which direction I'm heading in.

In my very short online times between obsessing about pendants, I saw this kimono wrap skirt that Assemblage had made. I'm in love... with the skirt that is... and maybe have just a bit of a blog crush on the maker herself... how I'd love for her to make my wardrobe!

17 comments:

Dorothy said...

Melanie, You're a girl after my own heart! LOL My DH mistakenly thought once I had my own workroom, the rest of the house would be thread free! Creativity has no boundaries, it flows all over the house.

Sasparilla Sue said...

I am trying very hard to keep my workspace confined to my bedroom...so far so good.

That skirt is GEEE-ORGEOUS!

Rachael Hutchings said...

That skirt is droolworthy! Though I think I could say some similar things about you...I would die to have you put together my wardrobe!

BumbleVee said...

hmmmm... can't wait to see what you have been up to with all of those goodies .....


lovely skirt.....

Jenny said...

Sounds like you are on a roll! Can't wait to see what you have made and yes that skirt is just gorgeous!

Karin said...

That skirt is divine. I'd like to have the waist to go with it too. :-)

That is quite an interesting list of mediums to work with. I'm looking forward to the results!

Anonymous said...

Oh darn.. the skirt is sold already! Having something vintage, yet wearing history is very Couture.

Will you be adding some of your own? I sure bet it would be a smashing hit.

Our Hands For Hope said...

Oh yah...this is great!
Terisa

Our Hands For Hope said...

Let me know if your happy with cafe press please.
TErisa

Liesl said...

The jewellry sounds exciting. Hope we get to see something soon.

And that skirt is gorgeous. I'm with Karin though - I'd like the waist to go with it!

Unknown said...

I saw the skirt a day or so ago when I was browsing... I almost bought it, but had to restrain myself as I'm trying to save!

Bec said...

Oh wow, that skirt is to die for!!!! Can't wait to see what you've been making :)

Michelle said...

That wrap skirt is AWESOME. Oh, to have that figure too!

Mal said...

lol - that's EXACTLY how I clean too :)

that wrap skirt is lovely!

muralimanohar said...

Oh, man...I need that skirt. I Neeeeeeed it. It's A-MAZ-ING!!!!


Can't wait to see what you have come up with!!

Unknown said...

It is so hard to keep the workroom clean. A constant battle, I know all about it!

Loving this gorgeous skirt! Thanks for the wonderful eye candy!

Tamakikat said...

That skirt looks great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails