Sunday, August 10, 2008

This is... my Work In Progress

Mmm... I have a little trouble with that title. It implies that I should have one and only one WIP. I would feel so less guilty if the title was "This is... one of my Works in Progress".

Currently, one of my biggest WIP is this


Please excuse the roughness of the Title Page. It's just a rough concept mock-up at this stage.

The book is coming along in concept, design and content. I have my next trip to Tokyo in a couple of weeks.

On that topic, I had a friend help me with some translation the other night. It's funny, in Japanese, they wouldn't actually use the phrase "to buy fabric." Of course you directly translate it and people would understand what you are talking about, but apparently Japanese just don't say it. In this country full of gorgeous fabrics, I found that quite surprising.

Thank you to Debbie Hill for this week's theme to Angela, the fabulous hostess of This is...

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are progressing with this! The mockup looks simply fab!

Katie said...

wow! what a great idea and the mock up looks fantastic

Rachael Hutchings said...

SO exciting!

Liesl said...

How exciting to see the work in progress. I love your title page. Hope we get some more little sneaky peeks along the way!

Semsavblanc said...

This is so exciting!
Well done on the progress you have made so far! It really does look like full steam ahead. Can't wait for the finished product.

Joanne said...

ooooo! Exciting! I just had to pinch myself because I'm going to Japan! Japan! To shop for fabric! :D

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Looking great! Thanks for sharing your progress!

muralimanohar said...

So what do they say, then?? How do they convey that action??

And yay on your progress!! :D

Jacinta said...

It's going to be a great book! And besides... it gives you an excellent reason to make even more trips to Tokyo and visit all the exciting crafty places.

Jenny said...

I know what you mean by the WIP-I think many of us have a few on the go! Glad your book is coming along-great mock up cover.

CurlyPops said...

Yah...love the front cover idea!

teresa fsw said...

I like your cover idea and I think it works! ^_^

Maureen Reynolds said...

Yeah book! And I'll be back to see how the banner progresses.

I hope you get a chance to create your other BIG WI(planning)P soon too. ;-)

Michelle said...

Excellent, great news that it coming along well. And I loooove the 'rough concept'. Although it looks anything but rough to me! Very clever graphic design!!

Michelle said...

Except for the missing apostrophe, I think the cover mockup is PERFECT! I wouldn't change it! 9except the apostrophe. Ex-English teacher coming out - sorry!)

Sasparilla Sue said...

Oooh a book!! I can't wait to see the final product! It looks great so far.

Anastasia said...

how cool - glad to hear you are going to go for it!! its going to be a great book...

Kate said...

What a beautiful cover! I love it - a craft lover's guide to Tokyo is JUST what I need :)

Nikki said...

You GO girl!!! Get that book out there!!

Karin said...

I'm coming to Tokyo for sure now. :-)

Unknown said...

I LOVE your cover! I hope to read your book soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails