Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Fabrics, fabrics everywhere!

Shouldn't be blogging.... should be sleeping...

Been suffering from a terrible creative paralysis of late. Mostly to do with exhaustion from a combination of recovering from the flu, horrible nightly asthma attacks (it seems this body reared in warm sunny Queensland doesn't like the cold weather) and some difficult decisions to be made about my card business, ki creations, which I should be able to talk about soon.

Holidays start in a few days, so hopefully that will all melt away then....

In the meantime, some fabric pictures for you......

This is a selection I put together tonight for a friend's mum. I don't know what she plans on using the fabric for, but do you think she'll like it???


This is the sorry state of my off-cuts, or smaller pieces box - overflowing! It's crying out for someone to come and play with it.


These are a few pieces (they kind of blend into each other) that I rescued from the box tonight, hopefully the colours will pull me out of this paralysis soon....


And finally, a gorgeous piece from a tomesode kimono that I have exciting plans for... watch this space and you will hopefully see it in its new form, with its new partner very soon....

Come on holidays!
***Update.... I just noticed after posting this, that three of the four pictures have cranes in them that are easy to see. If you know where to look, there are cranes in all of them. Mmmm.. I am rather obsessed with the crane motif aren't I?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

LOVE that fabric. LOVE those cranes. The last piece reminds me of some fabric I bought from you and is now displayed on the wall in all its glory. Hope you are feeling better and let me assure you-holidays are medicine for many ailments!! Enjoy yours-not long now!!

Michelle said...

Love those photos - great colours! Do you ever sell packs of your smaller pieces/offcuts? I have some beautiful fabric I bought last time I was in Japan, but I just can't bring myself to cut it up! But when I saw your box of offcuts it got me thinking that if someone else has already cut it, then it would be Ok for me to cut it too. Does that sound weird? Anyway, if you get a chance would you mind letting me know? thanks heaps!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Hi Michelle

I can totally understand the trouble with not wanting to cut some of the fabrics. I have pieces that have been in my collection for years that I'm too scared that I can't make something good enough to justify cutting it up, or that I can't decide what it would look best in ;)

I certainly do sell packs of the smaller pieces. They are generally sold through my eBay store (there is a link to the store in the side bar) and generally start the auctions at $2. I don't have them up everyweek, but rather when I get a chance to sort and photograph them. I'm taking a few weeks break from eBay auctions, but should have them up in a few weeks.

If you're not an eBayer, just let me know, sometimes I sell by the weight outside of eBay as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails