Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Getting Ready For Christmas

I can't believe it's going to be December in a few days! Last night I started making a few little stocking filler type presents. Most will be small thank you gifts for customers and people that have helped me out during the year.

I'd love to tell you that they were difficult to do, but actually, they were both really easy to make.

The pincushion base is an old Japanese sake cup. I picked up a bunch of them a while ago, even though I don't drink sake. I just love the designs on them. The top of the pincushion is made from a small piece of vintage kimono fabric. I simply cut a circle, about 12cm in diameter, gathered the edges, stuffed it with pillow stuffing and then, with super strong craft glue, adhered it into place.

I think I'll play with more of them over the weekend.



The little wooden pegs have had the tops covered with Japanese fabric. I cheated and used self-adhesive fabric tape. I use them in my studio to hang things, no boring bulldog clips for me!

I still want to play with some Christmas ornaments and make some Christmas cards, hopefully I can get to them soon.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oooo I LOVE the pincushio-what a wonderful idea and the pegs look ever so fancy! I have some of that stick on fabric too-wonder where I got it!!

Jenny said...

Forgot the "n" :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails