Thursday, November 15, 2007

Featured, me! *Blush blush*

I am a big fan of Today’s Creative Blogs. I'm a regular lurker and just love all of her amazing finds. Just imagine my pleasure when I found out that I was a feature!

On a personal note, I'm hoping that I will finally get some more creative time soon. The last few months have been crazy, both physically and emotionally.

My husband and I have been trying to make the huge decision whether to move back to Australia next year and start a family, or stay in Japan for one more year and get some more money behind us before we start our family. We're now leaning towards staying.

While it's dissapointing to put off baby plans, it's exciting to have another year of shopping for kimono fabrics and absorbing all the inspiration I can from this amazing country. I think I need to take a good hard look at my apartment and try to make it more creative friendly though.

I have been building up fabric stock and my lovely little dining alcove long stopped looking like the zen space like it does in the photos, but rather houses large boxes of fabric. I recently made it to another kimono auction and added another four boxes to the collection.

My "creative space" is also over-run and when ever I want to make something, I need to do a lot of rearranging. One thing I really miss while living in Japan is having a dedicated studio. I covert pictures of other peoples creative spaces and when looking at them, long to return to Australia.

I do have a couple of weeks holiday coming up soon and I can't wait! Of course, I'll really miss my friends and family over Christmas, but one concession is that we're obligation-free and I can be as selfish with my time as I like. Mmm... the sewing machine will be running hot then!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

It was a lovely snapshot of your fabulous blog! You will be famous yet!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails