Friday, August 24, 2007

The First Bag For Sale - Wish Me Luck!

kimono obi bag handbag
Well, I've been thinking, planning, playing, talking and writing about if for long enough... I've finally put my first bag up for sale!

I'm so pleased with this one and while I liked the ones I've made before this, this is definately the best one yet.

I played for a while, on other bags, getting the shape I wanted, then to get everything as neat as it should be. Then it was experimenting with the handles. Finally I started playing with the linings of the bags.

kimono obi bag handbag
I wanted the inside of the bag to be just as fun as the outside. Lining the bags with kimono fabric just seemed right. Like a reunion of kimono and obi again, like they would be when worn in the traditional way. I want the interior of the bag to be a secret little world for its owner.
kimono obi bag handbag
So this is the result. What do you think? You can see the auction and send it some good vibes on my eBay store here. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Crafty Japan said...

Ahhh, as you already know, I think it's beautiful!! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, love the bag too. I truely envy your being in Japan and getting to play with vintage textiles.
Glad I got to make the first bid!
Hopefully, I'll make the last bid too! :)
Gina

Unknown said...

hello! Cool site. Love the bag! all the best in selling it!

ps. mom just entered the room when i saw the bag and commented how nice it was too. XD

god bless!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails