Wednesday, January 01, 2014

1:365 My Daily Creative Challenge

Happy 2014!  I'm so ready to dive into 2014, a year that just feels full of promise.



A couple of years ago, I bought 365 : A Daily Creativity Journal but it has sat unused on the shelf, waiting for me to be ready.  What a better day to start than the first day of a new year.


Wanting a theme and also wanting to start playing with my kimono fabric collection more, my Kimono Creation a Day challenge was born.


I was a little easy on myself today and started with something familiar, but that I love yet haven't made for a long time - a tsumami kanzashi style flower (you can learn how to make your own over here).


To be honest, I'm quite nervous, I've never been good at daily challenges.  Have you ever done one?  Do you have any advice you'd like to share?

2 comments:

Mysterious mannequin said...

I have never done a daily challenge. I admire your effort though! It would need to be a monthly one for me to succeed. I would suggest throwing in a few covered buttons made from kimono fabrics for days when you only have a few moments but want to stay on track

Good luck in 2014! Mj

Sally said...

Lovely. You're off to a great start. I dud a daily photo challenge a couple of years back. I'm so glad I did. I probably missed 10 days... Accept that it will happen but try not to let it be two in a row :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails