Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Creative Space

I'm working on the fabric inlays for brooches today.  It's a fiddly job and I end up with fingernails that have been filed down with a dremel and bruised thumbs, but somehow I still find it enjoyable.  

It's one of those tasks that I can work with something on in the background (unlike when I'm creating something new and need quiet).  Last night it was Little Dorrit, I think I might put Tess of the D'Urbervilles on for this afternoon's shift.


And over the last couple of days I've finally had a chance to start playing with some of the kimono fabrics I bought on my Japan trip.  I'll show you more soon.

For more creative spaces, drop by Our Creative Spaces.

Are you doing anything creative today?

7 comments:

Tania said...

I have no doubt that Dorrit and Tess between 'em, can soothe an ouchie finger...

ElisabethAndrée said...

I am very curious about how it will look when they are finished.

yardage girl said...

Gorgeous! I love the sort of tasks when you can watch/listen to something - time passes so quickly and easily. Enjoy!

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Looking very productive :-)

Mandy Crandell said...

Pretty fabric!

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

Hatiheri said...

Can't wait to see the finished product!

yaga said...

ooh yes, so curious to see them finished!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails