Sunday, October 17, 2010

The New Week and the Winner

Isn't it great that we get so many chances to symbolically make a fresh start, to put yucky-ness behind us. We don't even have to wait for a new year, the beginning of a fresh new week is enough. There is much of last week that I'd like to erase from my memory and am so glad that now I can say that it's all in the past, it was all so last week.

In the midst of the week of bugs, both of the sickness and the technical kind, there were a few lovely moments I do want to hold on to. Nothing huge, just those simple little pleasures, a lovely mummy and daughter play date in the park and watching the little one develop new skills. This week it was learning how to use a spoon.


And then, onto the exciting bit, time to belatedly announce the winner of the Bookcase Tour giveaway. When I set up the survey, I was a little remiss in asking for a user name to announce with, so I'll be using part of the person's email address and will email the winner for their snail mail address....

With 71 entries, the Random Number Generator picked.... number 55! That makes it "Galleria..."! I'll be in touch. And thank you so much to everyone who took the time to enter and for all the lovely words. I've enjoyed each and every one of them! And will be back with the Bookcase Tour with a gusto!

Now, to get onto my new week. I wonder what it will bring... Does your new week have anything exciting to reveal?

8 comments:

Rafael's Mum said...

How sweet!! I love how she starts shaking her head 'no' even before you have said 'no fingers', she really knows allready that this is going to come!! Adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was sooooo cute. I laughed so much. She must really make your day, every day!
It's great to have you back, physically and technically!

Irit said...

She is too precious!!! I also love your Australian accent. :-)))

It's good to hear that you're felling better!

Irmhild said...

ah, priceless, she knows exactly she's not supposed to use her fingers! my little one's nearly two, and knows she's not supposed to drink her yoghurt, but as soon as i turn my back she will try it, anyways...

teresa fsw said...

She's so adorable! I wanna eat her! LOL! It's a joy everyday seeing our children grow up and doing amazing stuff. I always draw inspirations from my children as they learn everything from scratch and many times they'll fail but they never, EVER, give up and will try till they succeed. So as adults we should continue this in borne natural perserverance to continue this beautiful and precious journey called life. ^_^

K and S said...

so beautiful! thanks for sharing :)

Thea said...

Hey proud mamma, this video is great- she's so cute. x

Sandrine said...

Such a little cutie!We forget how things so simple were once so hard!!:) xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails