Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Treechange Dreams

We had another free day. Again, we jumped at the chance to get out of the city, this time heading north. A bit more of a drive this time. As we passed a strawberry farm we vowed to go picking there next season. We passed pineapple plantations and vowed to take the little one to the Big Pineapple when she's bigger, and both recalled the delicious desserts they had there. We passed the Glass House Mountains, their beautiful forms have made my heart sing ever since I was a young child.

A little further along, a steep and windy road later and we were in the township of Maleny. The day's plan? A bit of a wander, to pop our heads in to some real estate agents as we want to move up there in the hopefully not-too-distant future and lunch.

The morning had me in tears, happy tears as I realised my little baby is not such a baby anymore. She sat quietly, happily, between The Man and myself on a sofa in a coffee shop munching on some of my toast and some of the fruit from his Bircher muesli. No bib. No mess. She people-watched and just looked so grown up all of a sudden.

A few hours later, after some second-hand bookshopping, with the little one asleep in the back, The Man grabbed some takeaway fish and chips which we ate in the car at a lookout, a glorious view of the Glasshouse Mountains ahead of us. We talked of the slower life we wanted, talked about the house we plan to buy in the area, talked about business plans, family plans. With The Man's treatment soon coming to a successful end, that future is nearly here. And what a bright one it will be.

13 comments:

SomedaysSarah said...

Beautiful! Here's to a very bright and very happy future for the three of you!

Hot Fudge said...

What a glorious part of the world you are planning to live. It does the soul good just to wander down the streets up there, doesn't it? Here's to your happy future together.

Holly said...

So happy for you!

CurlyPops said...

Sounds absolutely perfect!

K and S said...

beautiful post!

handmaiden said...

here's to a bright future

Anonymous said...

How lovely. I totally love that area too. As you know I was born in Maleny. Our house was on Maple Street. Last time I went there (about 5 years ago, I think) our house was a craft shop with a little nursery out the back. It's on a corner. I'm taking Peter there in January when we go over for my uncle's 70th!
I really hope your dream comes true sooner than you think! I'm not envious at all.

Marla said...

Have fond memories of that beautiful area...haven't been there since my now 18 year old was a toddler like yours. You have so many exciting things to look forward to :)

Jetta's Nest said...

I hope all your dreams come true Mel, they sound truly wonderful! I love the Glasshouse too and am lucky enough to see them off in the distance on my morning walks. As far away as I feel from 'things' sometimes it's so humbling to be able to live in the presence of such awe inspiring nature :)

Sam

Lulu said...

Some lovely dreams to aspire towards- Hope they all come true for the three of you.

I love Maleny- it is certainly a beautiful part of the world.

Selina said...

Beautiful post Melanie. Wishing your little family all the best for a bright (and very long) future!

ellie said...

Happy dreams... here's hoping to dream fulfillment. {I'm dreaming of a move down the coast, in the other direction. But a treechange just the same}.

Jenny said...

How wonderful to have special dreams that come true-so glad all is going well

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails