Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Happy Hinamatsuri!

Today in Japan is "Hinamatsuri", the "Doll's Festival" or "Girl's Day". Families blessed with a girl display dolls that represent the Emperor and Empress with the thought of giving thanks for the daughter's good health.



While I didn't get my act together to celebrate with our little one this year, next year I plan to make these gorgeous little sweets as taught by La Fuji Mama. I might make this paper display found through Zakka Life. I adore, but probably wouldn't have the patience to make a bento like this. And the Girl's Day Origami from here would make a delightful card for my little one and her little girl friends.


So until next year, I'm wishing my little one a world of happiness and good health. And to a very special "girl", another so dear to my heart, who shares this festival with her birthday, I wish my grandma a very happy 90th birthday.

3 comments:

BumbleVee said...

ooooh the perfect day for dollmakers! I must be ready for this one next year....

Happy Day!!

Rachael Hutchings said...

Aaaaw, thank you for the shout out! And what a fun collection of activities! I love posts like this where I can get so many fun ideas for next year! And don't worry, we didn't really celebrate for Bug's first Hinamatsuri last year. :) Happy Hinamatsuri! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Happy Hinamatsuri to you and your special girls!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails