Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Creative Space

A lonely little coin purse waiting patiently to be completed.


The poor thing has been waiting all day. I abandoned it at one in the morning last night, thinking that I'd get back to it first thing this morning, but it just hasn't happened. Truth be told, I made a real mess with the glue, must have overfilled the frame. Does anyone have any good hints for how to get glue off fabric? The glue is clear but still looks really messy.


Today was one of those complete write-offs in mummy land. I got to prepare breakfast at 10am and then to finally eat it cold (soft boiled eggs aren't great cold in my books) at 1 in the afternoon. By 5pm I gave up any dream of getting out of my pajamas before the sun went down. But now the house is quiet, the little one asleep (and clean after two baths today!), and my time has begun. After a shower and a getting into a fresh pair of non-baby-spit-up pajamas, it's time to try stuffing the other side of the purse frame.
For more, and hopefully more productive creative spaces, visit Kootoyoo.

11 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Oh dear! If you're using super strong craft glue then you may have to resort to some sort of horrible chemical.
I've just arrived home from 6 hours babysitting four of my nephews and I'm exhausted.... babies are so demanding!

Rachael Hutchings said...

Oh, the life of a mom! The things we do for our little ones!

Gina said...

It's such a weird little world, the early months of baby-land. Living mostly in a different timeframe to the rest of the world. Good on you for staying in your PJs, and most of all for making the time to create. Good luck with the glue... !

Kellie Christie said...

The life of a mum hey?? Well hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. I have a 20 month old and my next baby is due in December so I have been trying to make as much as I can now because I probably won't get much of a chance for a while one no. 2 arrives. Don't know much about removing glue from fabric sorry.

BrisStyle said...

The joys of being a mummy :) I had one of those horrible days yesterday too, little one is teething and big one didn't want to sleep was so glad when bedtime came round last night...

Anyway on the glue situation, Loctite make a glue remover (in a little tube like super glue) it says it can be used on clothing so I guess you could give it a try on your purse, it just dissolves the glue and then you can rinse it?

Bel x

Kirsty said...

What a pain about the glue. I didn't know about that glue remover ... it sounds like handy stuff.

I wonder if eucalyptus oil might work? You'd need to patch test first though.

Anonymous said...

I love the fabric for the purse. I hope you can rescue it!
Isn't it funny, the PJ thing. I used to drop my stepson (when I had a stepson. Now I have two stepdaughters) at school in my PJs, go home and do stuff all day and then get changed out of PJs and pick him up from school. I like how they are called lounge wear these days! Haha

Allie said...

Oh boy do I remember those days. I don't think I had a hot meal until they were out of toddlerhood.
Darling purse - I hope you can get the glue out!

flossy-p said...

I don't know how you clever mum's manage to do any crafting! Honestly I think it's incredible, and I hope I can be like you one day, PJ's all day or not.

Perhaps if the glue removing doesn't work you can introduce a hand stitched ribbon to the design to hide the glue bits.

kellie said...

sometimes there is nothing like a good PJ day though! good luck rescuing the purse.

Karin van Dam said...

That is the most adorable little purse! And those days... don't we all have them now and then? :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails