Thursday, June 26, 2008

Purse Feet

I'm still working my way through the Tokyo Design Festa photos. Today, some more bags, one I couldn't resist and had to make mine, all mine....

A fabulous little bag with an image of a Japanese getta sandal. The straps are actual getta straps.

A backpack with a front detailed pocket with Mt Fuji, or rather Fuji-san as he's called here.

This is the one I bought (though with a pale blue background). Check out the purse feet! They are actual getta sandal bottoms and the inside of the bottom has been left with the bare wooden base as well. I loved the feet and kimono details as well. While I probably shouldn't have spent the money, I figured, I'd never find a bag like this one again.



Some more bags and a very cute salesgirl. How cute is that goldfish bowl, the traditional fish on wheels toy and the little red Daruma. You can find more of Coshell’s gorgeous stuff here. It's all in Japanese, but easy to just to click on buttons to get some eye candy. Oh, and worth it just to check out the bowing salesman on the front page.

On another note, it looks like we have an answer of sorts about the health stuff. It seems to be an autoimmune thyroid problem. Getting the treatment is still a bit of an issue (long story), but we're getting closer, much much closer. Hopefully in the not-too-distant future, I'll be back to being me! Yah!

17 comments:

JuliaB said...

Hi Melanie
Glad you are finally getting some medical answers!
xx

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the purse pics - the Japanese certainly think outside the square when it comes to design - lots of great inspiration there!

Glad to hear that you finally have a diagnosis - it is always much easier to deal with once you know what you are dealing with and can take some positive action. Hope you are feeling more like yourself soon.

Nikki said...

Those little sculptural bags are just fantastic!!

Great to hear that you're on your way to feeling better.

CurlyPops said...

Thank goodness you finally have an answer and can hopefully start on your way to getting better!

Joanne said...

Such cute bags! Gosh I can't wait to get back to Japan.

also glad to hear you're some way to getting an answer to your health troubles - fingers crossed you get it sorted soon

tigerlillyshop said...

i am in LOVE!

Hana said...

Amazing bags! I love the red fish one.

Glad to hear you're getting answers in the medical department. It must be a great relief.

Reenie said...

Good to hear the Doctors are starting to work out....

Rachael Hutchings said...

What fabulous bags! I love the one you bought and am glad that you did. I'm even more glad to hear that you have a diagnosis. I hope everything gets resolved quickly!

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear there is some progress with the health issue, has the doc admitted he was wrong about the 'silly woman's disease'? or did you find another doc? a lady doctor maybe?
thyroid things are very treatable as far as i know, it can take a little while of trial and error to get the dose right though.
as for the bags, they are just divine!! i want the fish on wheels? and the gold fish bowl, and the bag made from a sandal!!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Wow. Japan just seems like such an amazing place in terms of craft and design.

It seems pretty amazing in terms of medical treatment too, but not in a good way.

Juddie said...

Good luck with your treatment!
i wish you a speedy recovery ....I broke my back in Japan and understand the difficulty of navigating within the health system :-/

Love the bag pics!

Bec said...

Those purses are fantastic! I love the one with the wooden feet too - I wouldn't have been able to resist! So glad to hear your are on a better path now with regard to your health. Answers are the first step! Hope you now get some good treatment sorted out too :)
Kind regards, Bec.

flossy-p said...

Glad to hear you're getting closer to healing. That incredible getta sandal bag is sure to make you feel a bit better, right? ;)

Maureen Reynolds said...

Melanie, I'm glad to hear you have something concrete to deal with medically. To the normal you again!

I'd take that first bag with the shoe image on the outside. So so very different but it grabs me.

Danielle said...

A friend of mine has had issues with thyroids too. Hang in there, I'm sure a good doctor is just around the corner.

pursefeet said...

Amazing bags! I love the red fish one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails