Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Japanese Quilt

I haven't posted anything on this blog for a while and I'm afraid there is a reason why. Lately, I've been feeling like a fake.
I hadn't made anything for a while. My personal stash of gorgeous Japanese fabrics was building, but I wasn't doing anything with them. Anyway, all is well again. I've stopped being distracted by the pile of washing and finished a tote bag made from an obi last night and have started working on a smaller handbag and larger satchel version of the tote. I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with both. Weather permitting, I'm getting a friend to model them at a local temple tomorrow. So hopefully the images will be up soon.
So, enough about me....
I was blog surfing recently and came across this gorgeous quilt. While this one hasn't been made from kimono fabrics, the designs lends itself so well to them. You can see more of this quilt and others here. On her blog, Camille's Place, you can watch the quilt's development and closer pictures of the Japanese motif quilt blocks. I just love the kimono feature block!

3 comments:

Mel & Seigo said...

You're too hard on yourself love ;)

Love the quilt - is beautiful, but has a cosy warmth to it too :) Just what a quilt should be :)

Ribbonwiz said...

Thank you Mel, for posting my quilt..
It's going into a big quilt show here for judging in two weeks time..

muskratbyte said...

Amazingly beautiful quilt, I LOVE this!!!! What does the kanji mean?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails